Sunday, April 9, 2023
- Collegiate-Am and Practice Round
Monday, April 10, 2023
- Round 1
Tuesday, April 11, 2023
- Round 2
Wednesday, April 12, 2023
- FINAL Round
Scoring & Logistics
Each team has six (6) players. The five (5) lowest scores per round will be counted. Two team members per group will be paired together. Pairings for round three will be organized by score.
The best 54-hole score will determine the team champion. If there are ties for the team championship, they will be broken as follows:
- based on the sixth man score of the final round, and
- by the total of all six players for all rounds.
Individual champion will be determined by the best score. If there is a tie, we will hold a playoff to determine who wins the Blue Jacket.
The current NCGA Rules of Play card applies, and is supplemented by Local Rules.
We welcome spectators who want to join us at the Western Intercollegiate! There is no charge for admission, but out of respect for all competitors and tournament participants, as well as the residents of Pasatiempo, please be courteous and follow event guidelines, including those related to parking on site (see below).
- Shorts are allowed, but no cut-offs.
- Shirts with collars are mandatory.
- Blue jeans and/or denim pants are not allowed.
- No tank tops or sleeveless t-shirts.
- No attire displaying profanity or suggestive pictures.
- Soft spikes are required at Pasatiempo Golf Club.
Food & Beverage
Spectators will find great options at The Grill-at-the-Turn, which specializes in delicious food you can take with you. The Grill-at-the-Turn is located on the patio at the lower level of the clubhouse. The MacKenzie Bar & Grill at Pasatiempo serves breakfast and lunch, but seating will be extremely limited during the tournament.
Rules of Conduct
"In golf, customs of etiquette and decorum are just as important as rules governing play." It is appropriate for spectators to applaud successful strokes, but in order to secure the spirit of the game, we ask spectators to please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Advice is any counsel or suggestion which could influence a player in determining his play, the choice of a club or the method of making a stroke. In addition, any conversation between player/spectator may be construed as advice. This includes any conversation between player/spectator in their native language. In either instance, penalty for breach of this rule is two strokes. Players are responsible for the actions of relatives and spectators in regards to this rule.
- Keeping the above statement in mind, please keep your conversation with the player to words of encouragement.
- Please turn off all cell phones.
- Spectators should stay on cart paths. In the absence of cart paths, we ask that spectators stay in the rough. Please stay off fairways, tees and greens.
NOTE: Golf carts will not be available to spectators during the tournament. Pasatiempo is very walkable.
The 76th Western Intercollegiate tournament will return once again to:
Pasatiempo Golf Club
20 Clubhouse Road
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
Pasatiempo Golf Club is located in a private gated community with limited parking. All tournament participants (including spectators) will be required to obtain a parking pass at the gate and display it properly in their vehicle while on site. Please park in designated areas.
We will operate a golf cart shuttle service throughout the property every day of the tournament, to transport people from their parked cars to the clubhouse and back. There is no charge to spectators for admission, parking, or the shuttle service. You are welcome to join us on site and watch the action unfold in person.
Participating teams and coaches are welcome guests at the:
Hilton Santa Cruz / Scotts Valley
6001 La Madrona Drive
Santa Cruz, CA 95060